Fernand Stuyck del Bruyère, Antwerp, 1924 ; Acquired by the Putnam Foundation, 1957
-  The picture first came to notice when it was bought by Fernand Stuyck at public auction at the Fievez Gallery, Brussels, in 1924. It was then catalogued simply as Flemish school, seventeenth century. In December of that year, when it was cleaned by the elder Mr. Buesco, conservator for the Belgian royal family, the signature and date were revealed. The painting came to the United States just before World War II. It was then shown in San Francisco and Washington, D.C.